Basic Registration -Gingerbread Home Building Competition
Build a Gingerbread Home to keep families warm this winter!
2022 Gingerbread Home Build This virtual event brings our Livingston County community together to decorate gingerbread homes in a friendly competition to raise funds to help keep families warm this winter. Join us! Organizations, individuals, families, and groups of all kinds are encouraged to participate!
- Registration for a basic kit is $50- basic kit includes premade house kit with icing, candies, sprinkles
- Registration for a premium kit is $75 - Add your own personal touches with the "premium" kit - Premium kit allows builders to use additional materials not included in their kit (purchased at their own expense) to decorate their home
- Registration starts November 21
- We deliver (within Livingston County) a pre-assembled gingerbread home kit to you on November 30th, December 1st or December 8th. (picks ups at the ReStore available and registration after December 7th requires pick up at the ReStore)
- Decorate your gingerbread home by December 10th
- Upload pictures of your gingerbread masterpiece to your unique fundraising page and the Habitat for Humanity facebook page between December 1st - December 9th (staff will help if needed)
- Garner donation "votes" for your gingerbread home by sharing your fundraising page with your social network, asking them to donate to vote for your gingerbread home
- The voting competition ends on December 21st
- The three participants that raise the most money in donation votes will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes
Event proceeds directly support the A Brush With Kindness program, specifically partner families in need of heat this winter.
We currently have over $16,000 in projects that require assist with heat for the winter. Your support will ensure that no family is cold this year.
We hope you'll join us in this fun event to support families and seniors with warmth and safe homes to live in.